Thursday, August 30, 2012

To Bra Or Not To Bra

Dear Sisters,
     This is the second day in a row I have gone Braless. I woke up yesterday morning and ask myself, "To wear a bra or not to wear a bra, that is the Question? And the answer came quickly..No!!! I shall not wear a bra today or any other day if I shant desireth to wear one!!! So I am hanging loose..Maybe this is kind of how it feels to be a man. Body parts hanging around all loose like. I even went to Walmart braless and didn't get my picture taken...that I know of. I am sick of Bra's. No matter how many times I fix the straps they keep falling down and I am constantly reaching into my blouse to put them back up onto my shoulders. So I am hereby stating that I will be the baggy, saggy  sister who doesn't give a crap what other people think. I will be the one to break the 'Thou shalt wear a stupid bra, all the days of thy life' commandment. I will do this for all of my sisters and daughters and nieces and granddaughters! No matter the persecution I might have to bear. You are welcome!!
     I have been in Pleasant Grove, Utah at Janae's for the last three days. She was having a hard time with her sweet new baby crying at nights.  So I am the best grandmother in the world and I have been walking the floor each night and having total recall back to the good old days. Those days when you walked and patted and rocked and jiggled and tried not to breathe the wrong way, all at the same time. And the baby finally quiets down and you don't dare stop walking and patting and rocking and jiggling and breathing the wrong way, all at the same time because you know that very soon the baby will be asleep and because you are so tired you think you will drop dead of exhaustion at any moment. Then the baby starts crying again. Wow, I remember those nights so clearly. And the only advice I can give my sweet daughter is 'This too shall pass.' I know it doesn't help too much right now but that's all I got. After raising seven babies of my own..that's the only advice I can give anyone...I used to know everything. I knew that when babies cried all you had to do was nurse them. I knew that babies got thrush because you weren't clean enough. I knew that the reason you didn't have enough milk was because you weren't eating healthy enough. I knew that you had to breastfeed your baby come hell or high water. This sweet baby cries every night except the nights she gets formula. She loves her formula. Her tummy is so tempermental that her mommy has to live on bread, No Butter. Cereal, No Milk and sandwiches, No Cheese. No fruit, too gassy, no beans, too gassy, no pepper, onions or tacos, too gassy!  So her mommy and me are just about ready to concede. Formula it is. Bring it on. Bring on the $30.00 a week expense, the constipation and the smelly breath. We want our sleep!!!!! Never thought you would hear me utter those words, did you. Well, I have said them. I am humbled by a three week old baby girl. She is adorable and she can have anything she wants. Just ask her grandma!!             See you losers at the Ranch in a couple of days! Love you all, Jelene

No comments:

Post a Comment