Sunday, August 26, 2012

My easy morning run

So, I rolled over this morning and it was 7:30. I thought, I didn't get to run yesterday because I had to get Reagan to her race by 7:45, maybe I should run today...
So, I enthusiastically jumped out of bed and got some running clothes on. By the time I let the dogs out to pee and let them back in it has been like 15 minutes and I think, "Why did I even get out of bed?" But eventually I make it out to the road and am ready to run. I press start on my "MapMyRun app" and I'm ready to go. I think to myself, should I go 3 or 4 miles? Usually on weekends I do a long run. Last weekend I ran 9.5 miles with my running buddy and it was really good. But today, I'm just proud of myself for getting out of bed.

I decided that it was Sunday, and I should be proud of myself for getting up and running, so I opted for a fast 3 miles. I pushed myself and ran a nice pace. I finished with a time of 30:01 minutes, so I'm proud and happy to have a good time. I walked in the house and started finishing my sourdough waffles (which by the way if you haven't tried, you are CRAZY). Troy walked into the kitchen and grabbed a cup of coffee and started chatting with me. I called upstairs to Reagan and told her to wake up and come have breakfast. (The other kids were both at a sleepover.) So Reagan came into the kitchen and hugged me and said, "Hey did you know your shirt is on inside out? I said, "No, I hadn't noticed." Then she looked at me closer and said, "Hey, Aren't your pants on inside out too?" I looked down and quickly realized that this morning must have been an inside out morning....Too funny ran with all my clothes inside out today.....

So to go back to my run, I rounded the corner of Grimes Mill and Old Richmond Road I heard "Woohoo" and I ignored it because I get alot of that (LOL) (only when I'm with Reagan and Bailey) then when I got to church my Neighbor Susan, told me that she hooted and hollered at me this morning because she saw me on my run. I smiled and told her that I always ignore hoots and hollers from hot guys when I run. LOL
Anyway, we will know what the results are tomorrow, but what we know now, is that Reagan improved her time from last year to this year by about 5 minutes and I was so impressed by her fortitude. Especially now that I run and know first hand how hard it is to push yourself for speed.

Anyway, I just want to tell you how blessed I feel to have you all as my sisters. And I know that you have had a huge part in building me into the person that I am today. Thank you for all the advice and helpful resources along the way.
Love Donna



No comments:

Post a Comment