Friday, August 3, 2012

Regrets of the Dying

Dear Sisters,
     Yesterday I watched a video online and the young lady who was giving the presentation told her story about a brain injury she had received in an accident. She said she wanted to die because she was in constant pain and couldn't think clearly. She contemplated suicide everyday.
     In the video, she talked about a Hospice worker who had asked her patients what they regretted most in their lives. Here's the list:
     
     1.  I wish I hadn't worked so hard.

     2.  I wish I would have stayed in touch with my friends.
    
     3.  I wish I would have let myself be happier.

     4.  I wish I would have had the courage to express my true self.

     5.  I wish I would have lived a life true to myself, instead of what others expected of me.
      I like #3. Sounds so simple. But we let everyone around us have more of a say in how we act than we do ourselves.
    
      I have Mary and Misty and kids here this weekend. Maddie and Allie and I are having our Sewing Weekend with Grandma. Allie wants to make a quilt and Maddie wants to make some shorts and a top. Wow, we better get busy. That's on top of going to Pizza Factory,  Cafe Rio and Truberry! Loves and Kisses Jelene

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sisters! I am a friend of Lilly's in Las Vegas and love your stories! I catch up on them every weekend. I especially love the stories of your heritage and life on the ranch and your beautiful mother. Thank you for sharing such treasures! Kathy

    ReplyDelete