Monday, August 27, 2012

Father and Mother


 
 
Whenever, I look at this picture of our parents when they were young. I can see how my mother fell in love with this handsome guy. I can only imagine my father in his 20's. I like to think that he swept my mother off of her feet and was really fun and debonair. I hope he was sweet and that they had lots of fun together before they ruined it all and had 17 kids. Hahahahahahahahahha.......

He still looks like he's got the charm at 70 something. I really wish that my Mother would have been able to talk to us more about her feelings and experiences. I feel like she had answers to some of my big "life" questions but never told me the answer. Sometimes I have sad feelings about our relationship. You all probably feel the same way. Even though we talked and visited, I never felt like she confided in me any private feelings or information. She had a very thick wall up and I can't really ever remember it coming down.

My goal in life is to not put any walls up between me and my kids and maybe my husband. lol.
I want to try to love as much as I can.

Love you all
Good night.
Donna

Yes, he was a handsome son of a gun. You know he swept her off her feet and promised her the world. I hope they had amazing sex in the early years, and I hope that he took time to please her in bed. Ive been reading "Fifty Shades of Grey" and its all about pleasing each other.  Then they got to busy cause those babies just kept coming. God Bless Them.  I remember Father  saying "Isn't she beautiful" about our Mother. She was a Beautiful Lady.  I think they loved each others as best they knew how.  Yes we are all messed up because of the relationship they had.  We don't really know what a normal relationship looks like. And communication skills, well I don't have very many.
My relationship with our Mother was very shallow also. One time I asked her what it was like when they got kicked out of the Mormon church.  She said," It was the loneliest time in her life next to when they moved out to the ranch into exile. For all that she went through, she tryed to stay positive and look for the good.  Maybe that's why she wouldn't talk about her past because it wasn't a happy time or it made her sad. She had happy times because she had us. I wish she would have shared some of her feelings also, but she burryed them deep and took them with her.  My life goal is like yours, to show more love and to make others feel important.  Love you all, Lilly



No comments:

Post a Comment