Friday, August 10, 2012

March off winner two years in a row!



So, we went to the picnic to celebrate the end of marching band camp tonight,  and Reagan and I were on pins and needles on the sidelines with our fingers crossed. It was time for the march off and they announced that Brandon was defending his title. The group started strong, but within 4 drills they were down to half of the students. One of the tricky ones caused bad marchers to knock into good marchers and so they were all out, that left three standing, Brandon and two others.  They ran them thru 5 drills and they all made it thru. The suspense was killing me...lol.
So they tried one more and it was sort of confusing because they all did different things and in the end the directors said that Brandon got it closest to right, so he won. His classmates ran out to greet him and carried him back to the sidelines. Very fun to watch.

They marched thru the first movement and stood in place and played the rest for us. They sound really good this year. I think they are going to have a great season. I'll send you video updates as we get them.

I just love my band geek. He is so happy that I made him do marching band and is looking forward to the year. He told me the other day that there were lots of cute girls in band and he was having a hard time deciding which one to ask out. I told him to be nice to all of them and have fun and not get serious. Hope he takes my advice.
Love you all,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment