Monday, August 6, 2012

The biggest Tantrum I ever Threw

One morning, when I was about 9, I realized that my sisters were packing up the car for a trip. I quickly asked where they were going and if I could possibly go with them. Of course, the answer was a firm no (No way in hell, little sister). They were going to run a race in St. George. (I think it was the half Marathon that Ruth ran, but I'm not sure) To be included in their grown up fun would have been such a treat...heck even to have been dropped of at Jelene's house to play with my nieces would have been good enough. But to stay home with Janice and Mother was like being rejected in the biggest way. Torture at it's worst.

So, as my happy sisters drove away, so started my tirade. I think that after a few minutes of listening to my sobs of rejection, my wise Mother sent me to the garden. There, I remember alot of stomping, and crying and thinking mean things about each of those mean sisters of mine. After a while, I decided that it was useless. My Mother was paying no attention to me, and my sisters were definitely not thinking about me in any way shape or form, so I dried my eyes and went on about my day.

Just a funny memory of me being spoiled and thinking I was super picked on. I asked Mother a few years ago if she remembered that tantrum and she said no, so I guess I didn't do a good enough job..lol

No comments:

Post a Comment