Thursday, September 13, 2012

Mother's compliments

I was chatting it up with my neighbor the other day and I was saying that I needed to be more like my Mother and be more positive. She looked at me and said, "You are the most up beat, positive person that I have ever met. I wish I was more like you." She told me that she comes over to sit in my swing and visit me because I bring her joy and make her feel happy. Funny, I never really thought I was that joyful. I guess I was just being what my sweet Mother taught me to be.

I have another friend that is completely enthralled by how much our Mother knew about herbs and healing naturally. I have been trying to eat a mostly plant based diet like Mother to see if I feel better. Not sure why I waited until she wasn't here to help me to actually listen to some of her ideas. I'll let you know the results. I haven't been truely great at it yet, but still working on it.

Not sure if you all can find this brand in your area, but I have found a really good brown rice. It's Brand name is Lundberg short grain brown rice. I buy it in the health food section of my grocery store. It says to cook it in a chicken broth and it makes it taste really good. Has a nutty favor and is yummy.

Am sitting here helping my son write down the music for the flute part to his Forrest Gump song so that he can get a flute to accompany him at church when he plays it. He is not that great at reading music, but picks it up by ear so quickly that is blows me away. I sat down with him and listened to it twice and he learned the whole last part of the song just that quick. I'll video when he plays it and put it on youtube so that you all can see it. It is amazing for a kid that doesn't know how to play the piano.

I wish I could play well enough to wake my family up with the piano each morning like our Mother did. I can not listen to any of her good songs without just tearing up. She was so good. I tear up all the time when I watch Reagan practice because I think she has what it takes to be as good as our Mother. She loves practicing and will play anytime she has a few minutes. She is improving so quickly, it's truely amazing.


I miss our Mother a lot lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment