Saturday, September 15, 2012

m-m-m-sourdoughbread thats healthy

Hello, sisters,
My kids always know when I have had a hard week.  I bake.
     A couple of weeks ago I got on the Internet and researched bread because I love it.  After reading about sourdough bread, it sounded like something we should try, so I ordered a start from an Oregon feller that had the start in his family since 1847.  The organization sent me a start and now we are making it.  After reading on what they have done to wheat, we all could use the Red Turkey White or hard wheat organic flour.  Their are no genetic changes with the wheat and no commercial yeast that causes health problems.
      My school has had a particular hard week.  We lost three positions at our school.  I was placed in first grade because I am the new-be and my principal was having a time finding someone who could do the job.  I am OK with it but its just a lot of work moving classrooms and leaving my students because we have grown accustomed to each other.  O'well that life and I am glad to have a job.
     So, what do I do when I get home, I bake bread.  It is really easy using sourdough since the only ingredients are, water, honey, oil and good wheat or white red turkey flour and mix.  Whats the hardest part is letting it rise for at least 3 to 4 hours to get a good fluffy bread.  I get impatient and just want to bake it.   Kathy  (my friend from school) and her husband Balou came over just as I was getting it ready for baking.  She really enjoyed the taste of it.  Anyway, love you all and Jelene, great stories on our strong ancestors.
Love Helen

1 comment:

  1. I think you ladies are AMAZING, Please keep writing, An admiror

    ReplyDelete