Saturday, December 29, 2012

Hurray! Christmas Is Over!

Dear Sisters,
My kids were all here for Christmas and I love my kids. I really do. But they were only here 24 hours, and I wanted to start yelling.."Somebody better start eating tomatoes!"
Last summer, Lacie brought out the cutest picture to sell at the auction. It had a picture of Father and Mother on it and a story about each of them, in the frame by the picture. Mothers story went something like this... We were all at the ranch for a family reunion and lunch was in progress. All the grandkids had piled their plates high with chips and sandwiches and had a coke in their other hand. Mother had bought some nice tomatoes to add to the lunch fare and when everyone had filled their plates she walked by the tomatoes  and no one had taken any. She came storming into the house and yelled, "Somebody better start eating tomatoes!" So now when ever anyone at Keith's and Lacie's ever gets frustrated, they yell, "Somebody better start eating tomatoes."
We had a great Christmas. My book was a real hit. We all sat around the living and each of the kids read the story of their birthday. Then we listened to the CD with all their darling little voices singing. So precious. We all shed some good tears.
We had a ham and all the fixin's, for Christmas dinner.  My turkey, lurkey never got done till the dinner was over, but made great leftovers. Jared and Mary and Lillie and all their kids went up to Brian Head the day after Christmas to go snow boarding. They stayed in a nice new condo and really had a good time.
I am trying to think of a way to make my New Years Resolutions stick this year, but I am very discouraged. I am really set in my ways and don't think there is any way to change me. So I am just going to love this procrastinating, tired, pack rat 60 year old that is me. I want to stop wanting and start enjoying everything about me.  To be Still and Know that God is God and everything is right with the world. That will be my New Years Resolution. Love you all so much, Jelene

No comments:

Post a Comment