Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Present

Dear Sisters,
    My Christmas present to my kids just got really expensive. I told you I did a book with all their birth day stories in it and baby pictures. Yesterday I spent another hour and a half with the lady who is transferring the tape of my kids singing songs onto the cd. I knew it was going to be expensive but when we got done and she started going over the hours they had spent working on my project the dollars signs started going by really fast, close to $500, fast. I almost started to hyperventilate. But I just had to tell myself that it was going to be okay. I know that everything will work out and I will be able to pay for it. I have a big sewing project this week that will help me pay for it.
     I am getting pretty good at loving everything that comes my way. God has been so good to me. I love my little home, where I am warm and comforted. I love my wonderful kids, who all have their struggles and most the time I never hear about them. I love the peace that I can feel, if I just choose to at any moment.
     Last weekend, Helen and Abby came up and we tied 3 quilts, went to the movie, 'Life of Pi', and went shoe shopping. On Sunday we drove out to see Pat and Jim Pederson. Then we all drove in my car to Kanab, where Vince lives with his son, Dustin and his wife and darling little girl. Vince has lymph cancer and weighs about 90 lbs. He was lying on the couch and every time he changed position, you could tell he was in pain. Pat read to us from her Sot Song book and we were reminded about how much God loves us. At 2:00 p.m., Dustin was driving Vince to Cedar to catch a flight to Salt Lake City and the Huntsman Cancer Institute there. I sure hope the trip was not to hard on him and that they can help him. Pat was understandably heart broken, having to watch her son go through this. God be with them and love them.
     Donna, I loved your last blog. You better hold on tight, girl, because you are in for a wild ride with that cute girl of yours! I love it.
   Everyone have a wonderful Christmas Season. What a wonderful time we live in.   Hugs and kisses. Jelene

No comments:

Post a Comment