Sunday, December 9, 2012

All About Me

Every other Friday morning, I get to go have breakfast with my Defining Women's Chapter group. They are beautiful women like my sisters, that want to share love and good energy with others and help make our world a better place. We get to take turns sharing our business and life story. This last Friday it was my turn to share.
I started out sharing about my business "doTERRA essential oils".
I had used essential oils from an other company on and off for the past 20 years. A friend of mine ask if she could share doTERRA essential oils with me. As soon as I smelled them I could tell the difference. DoTERRA oils are CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade. The plants that they harvest the oils from are grown in there natural habitat. For instance, Frankincense comes from Oman. Each liter of oil under goes  3rd party laboratory testing. DoTERRA oils are free of fillers, pesticides and contaminants. They are 50 to 70 times more powerful than herbs. There are three ways to use Essential Oils. Aromatically, Topically, and our CPTG oils can be used Internally. (Please don't go somewhere else and buy essential oils and think they are safe to use internally). Essential oils work to help bring the body into balance thus helping the body's natural defenses to restore homeostasis. For more information call Lilly Reid 702-596-2025 or go to my web site www.mydoterra.com/essentiallysassy 
I am number 12 of 13 children born to Wayne and Ilene Pearson on April 9th. I had one of the ladies read my birth story that my sweet sister Jelene wrote. I told of how both of my parents came from strong Mormon families. My Father was excommunicated before I was born. Shortly after my birth we moved to Colorado City Arizona, a polygamist community. We were all very musical. Our parents taught us to sing and play instruments. We won first place in the Ted Mack Talent show. Music was a big part of our lives. When I was five my sister Fara died.  She was riding her bike home from school. It had rained earlier in the day. She hit a chuck hole in the road, fell off her bike and hit her head. I remember her lying on the coach that evening, holding her head and crying that her head hurt. Three days after her funeral Sweet Donna was born into our family. She was an angel from God. Some might say that Fara's sweet spirit came back to us in Donna's body. She brought happiness back to our family.
When I was six, our father moved us far far away from everyone to hide us. The end of the world was near, and he wanted us to be safe. The Pearson's Singing Valley Ranch, in the mountains of northern Nevada is where I lived for the next ten years. We had many adventures on the ranch. Us last 5 girls and Mother took care of the ranch. On the weekends the brothers would come home and check on us. Father would show up now and then and make us do some off the wall project or heard all the cattle up a stupid canyon.  It seemed like he made us do things just to make our lifes misserable. Life was peaceful when he was gone. As soon as I saw his car come up the road I would get diarrhea. I tryed to hide alot from him.  He was not my favorite person. One time us girls found beer caps in the cab of his truck. We argued back and forth who's they could be. Surely Father didn't drink. No, he wouldn't do something like that. Mother always defended him, not that we dared tell her about the beer caps. I don't remember having discussions about life with our mother.  If I wanted to know something, I would ask my sisters. My sisters were my best friends, actually they were my only friends.
Us girls sang a couple barbershop songs at  the High School Christmas program.  The choir teacher was so impressed with us, He told us with a few vocal lessons we could sing in Vegas at lounge shows or sing back up for famous people. We found us a vocal teacher in Las Vegas, and started driving down every other weekend for lessons. Pretty soon that got old so we talked Mother into moving to Las Vegas.  Father was totally against it. He didn't want us down in that wicked city. We found a house to rent and we all had to get jobs to help pay for everything. Donna and I were the only ones left in school. I was 16 and in the 11th grade and Donna was 11 and in the 6th grade. Talk about a culture shock. Live out in the boonies for 10 years away from people, then move smack dab in the middle of Vegas. I changed my name from Lillith to Lilly. No one could every say Lillith right, so I took my new life and took on my new name.  My angels sure were busy watching out for me.  I was like a wild animal let out of a cage. No boys at the ranch, lots of boys in Vegas. Thank you God for keeping me safe.  Our sweet Momma wanted us girls to go to the Mormon church so we could meet Good friends.  Well it just so happened that the very first Mormon building we went to had this super hot boy, Brad Reid, up on the stand.  It was lust at first sight. Wow I just new I wanted to get to know him. Long story short, we were married in the             St. George, Temple 5 years later.  During those five years, we both graduated from high school. I went away to Beauty school in Idaho and he went to Ohio on a mission.  We have 5 Beautiful children and one grandbaby boy. Life has been good to us. Im not the sweet inoccent girl that Brad married 26 years ago. I am very  grateful for my life, and I thank God for all that I have. My sister and I have stayed close, and I have added many more to my sister list. You have All enriched my life. Thank you God for my sisters.
GOBEAMAZINGSISTERS.         Love Lilly

1 comment: