Sunday, December 9, 2012

Bottled my first batch of Petite Syrah

Well, well, well.....
Today, I finally got the chance to put up my tree. I had planned on doing it yesterady, but I ran in the Reindeer Ramble with Reagan, then rushed home to help Troy bottle our very first batch or Petite Syrah. That went smoothly and we were done by 2:00. That is just about when I realized that I had a very intense head ache. I started a load of laundry and then said, "I have to lay down and stop doing anything." So, that is what I did. Nothing for the rest of the day. Argh....

So, today, I felt better, but after church I just knew that if I didn't attach the Christmas Tree that it would never get done, so Reagan and I put it up and decorated it and it looks great.

Meantime, Bailey asked if she could invite a friend over. I said sure, if you clear off the table, do the dishes and practice your piano. Much to my surprise, she did all three items without one word of complaint...   So, this friend shows up and it's A BOY... Oh my goodness.....

They want to go jump on the trampoline, so I say, "Sure.". But as I'm still decorating the tree, I am watching out the window and I'm in panic mode, He is tackling her and she is liking it... Oh, My What do I do.,... about then Troy comes down the stairs and says, "If you don't go out there and get that boy off my daughter, I'm going to. " So, I quickly go out and surprise them and tell them that they should come inside.  Well, I thought that maybe that would be it, but then Troy said that they were in her room and they needed to come out of there.

Well, since then, Brandon had caught wiff of the conversation and he said, " Let them go to the tree house Mom, I'll follow them and shoot him with my air soft if he tries anything." What a crazy life we lead...So, as Bailey is getting better shoes on, I tell the boy at the back door, "Don't be trying to kiss on my girl, You understand???" Yes, I actually did.  Bailey is mortified...But the boy is still here and maybe if he survives this day, he could be a nice boy. But he will have to back off on the tackling...lol.

Challenges of life are many. Blessings of life are even more. I am so greatful for my challenges and my blessings.

Speaking of which...I can't take off in January to come see Beth. Sure wish I could, but as you all know January is my killer month and I litterally work every moment of the day that I can. This year will be unusually challenging becuase I have a few new demanding clients, but it will be ok.
I hope that you all have a blast even though I won't be there.

Love you all,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment