Saturday, October 20, 2012

Grand Champions


Last weekend, Brandon's marching band took the title of Grand Champions of the competition that they were performing in. They were so excited and rightfully so. This weekend was the semi-finals. If they didn't make it into the top 8 they didn't get to go to state next weekend. According to Reagan and I (we sat and watched almost all of the bands and rated them impartially) they came in 2nd or 3rd.
They are going to be awesome next week at State.

Anyway, a cute story from this morning's rehearsal. They were all in formation and Mr. Kite was walking among them all and talking about being solid. He would push his hand against their shoulder and expect them not to move from their stance. When he came to Brandon, he pressed on his shoulder and Brandon didn't move. Mr. Kite said, "Now that  is good. Nice work." And at that moment him and one of his trumpet mates said. "Solid Sexy". Brandon said that the whole band cracked up so much that they couldn't get them back under control for 5 minutes. My boy is so funny and fun.

During Band camp someone told him that he was the fittest fat person they had ever seen. Too funny. He will show them soon though. He joined the wrestling team and starts training as soon as marching band is over. I'm looking forward to seeing him train and wrestle. Should be fun.

Next weekend he will be on his own, because the girls have their Cross Country State Finals the same weekend, so I will stay here and watch them run. Poor Reagan is so torn. She loves running CC so much, but she loves Marching band too. She could march with Henry Clay as an 8th grader which would be cool because it would be the last time that all three of my kids would be in the same activity, but if she leaves CC next year it will really leave the team short. Basically next year Savannah (who has been our top runner this year), Reagan, and Julia will be the only great runners on our team that are left and it takes a top 5 to win a meet.

Anyway, next year I'll have to spread myself around even more because it will be Brandon's last year here in my home. BOOHOO I have already started to cry about it. I'm going to miss him so much.
I have been getting up and cooking him breakfast since we don't see him much. He is always so grateful and sweet to me. It makes it so worth it. I so look forward to watching him live a wonderful life.

Oh, and let's not forget the good news. I told Bailey today that I was so happy with her behavior lately. She was so cute, and I could tell that she loved hearing it. She still has a moment here and there, but she has really turned into a nice girl the last month or two.

And of course, Reagan is still sweet as punch. She is just a lover. Someone is going to be really lucky to get her. I'm just trying to teach her to be meaner from now until she is on her own. She is my Jesus lover and loves to pray and has such a strong faith in God. How did I get these three awesome kids to choose me?

Humbly,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment