Friday, October 19, 2012

Defining Women Group

I wanted to share my amazing day with you.
I belong to a Defining Women's group that my friend Kathlyn Jaramillo founded about 5 years ago.  Every other Friday, I get to go rub shoulders with AMAZING women like my sisters.  When I leave, my bucket is overflowing. We all have the same goal in life; To make the world a better place by giving back to those we come in contact with. Serving others, its refreshing to get to know these women.  I want you all to meet them and be uplifted like I am.  I'm talking to Kathlyn about starting a chapter up in Alaska, with having Beth in mind to run it and get it started. It helps women feel empowered when they have positive, uplifting, loving friends in there life. Everyone of us needs that.
So the lady that shared her story today, had a terrible thing happen to her.  She was abducted for about 8 hours, tortured and raped and then he let her go.  It happened about 7 years ago. She was able to stand up in front of us and share her story and not be a wreck or basket case through the whole thing.  One of the women asked her what she learned from it and what she could teach others. She said she remembers walking out to her car, it was afternoon and over cast. She had just got off the phone and wasn't paying attention to her surroundings. She was preoccupied. She got in her car and before she realized what was happening, a man had jumped into her back seat on the passenger side, wrapped an electric shock collar around her neck and told her to drive.  He wore a mask and gloves, so she never saw his face. She says every time she sees girls walking down the street texting on their phones it makes her sick to her stomach because they are not walking with purpose and confident about where and what they are doing. For a while she talked at schools and tried to bring awareness to young people (boys too, they are not exempt).Because of her case and others, Congress passed something that maked the car manufacturers put a safety feature in cars now that you have to click your unlocker 1 time for just driver door and two times for all doors.  If her car would have been locked she wouldn't have been as easy a target. God was with her and still is.  She described her husband as an ANGLE from GOD. God sent him to her  at the right time. It takes a special person to help someone work through that much baggage.  She has made the choice to not be a victim anymore and to force herself to keep going, to get herself back to being her and not the victim. Her wonderful Dad (as she described him) always said "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". WOW what a strong woman. By the end of her story I was in tears. For the next 6 hours, every time I thought of her or thought of our childhood I cried. It brought up so many emotions. This story I'm writing right now affected me more than I realized. Watching precious children be tortured by there dad, or being tortured is not right, not what a 11 year old needs to watch. My , Our inner child needs lots of healing, and I know we will get this by sharing our story's. I feel so blessed to have all of you in my life. I cant even imagine life with out you all.  Our mother was a GREAT LADY. She planted seeds of GREATNESS in ALL of US.  I have had such an amazing amount of passion for life lately. Its because I finally realized what I want to do with this next part of my life.  I want to write our book, and I want to serve others buy teaching them about doTERRA ESSENTIAL OILS.  I know that if I'm serving others, I will grow as a woman, who will become a leader. The money will come. OUR BOOK IS ON THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLERS LIST. This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO exciting. I can feel what its going to feel like already. Our ship is in motion, ARE YOU READY TO SAIL?
I love you all. Love Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment