Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Having Fun with My Daughters

Dear Sisters,  Sorry to take over the blog all of a sudden, but my stories have been stacking up and now I finally have time to sit down and write.
     Linton, I and LeAnna and Reagan drove up to Lehi last Friday so we could be there when Micheal, Janae and Boston blessed Kennedy, their new baby girl on Sunday. Janae had a list of honeydews for her dad to get done for her. Misty and Maya joined us on Saturday and we spent the day laughing and shopping. We went to a fun store called 'the Wood Connection'.  You can buy fun letters and decorations made from wood.  They show you how to paint them and decorate them up so cute. Words for every Holiday, like JOY,  NOEL, BOO, and THANKFUL. LeAnna bought wood letters to spell Reagan for her new room.  We were all standing at the check out when Janae brought out her drivers license  for identification. She brought out her old one with a hole punched through it and said, "I never show anyone my new one because the picture is just horrid." So of course we ask to see it.  It looked like she was cross eyed.  I said "What were you doing?" She said, "I was trying to keep track of Boston and smile at the same time and my eyes got confused."
    Then LeAnna said, "That's nothing. You should see mine!"
     I truly didn't believe it could get worse than Janae's. But then LeAnna showed us a picture of her with her hair all up in a pointy pigtail, sticking straight up out of the top of her head.  "Why did you take a picture with your hair like that?"
     "Well, it was right after I had Adam and the last day before my license expired and Kyle came home for lunch and told me that I better get over there and get it done this very minute. So I grabbed my coat and went over, not even thinking about my hair."
     "Oh, My Gosh, you look just like Alfalfa!" I said.
     Misty said, "When the cop pulls you over, you can show him your picture and yell, 'I just had a baby, OK!!'"
      We were laughing so hard, the people in the store were looking at us like we were crazy. But I wanted to tell them. "Hey, this is nothing, this is only half of us! We can be even louder!"  Then we went to Hobby Lobby and looked for some more goodies. We all went out to Texas Road House for supper and this is what I wrote in my journal that night in the hotel room, while listening to my husband snore in the queen bed next to mine.
     'If I die in my sleep tonight from eating too much at Texas Road House, you can sing this song for me at my funeral. And this is the song that was singing in my head..."If I Die Young---60 is Young, OK!!---Bury me in Satin, Lay Me Down In a Bed of Roses." You know that dumb song, Band Perry sings. I don't like it, but I couldn't stop singing it in my mind.
     Ruth and Kay were both in Eagle Mountain staying with their kids so we all got together at Janae's new house Saturday morning for a visitayt war so fun to see them again.
     Kennedy looked so beautiful in her crocheted blessing dress and she slept through the whole thing. She was happy when she got home she let us take some adorable pictures of her smiling.
     What a great life we live. I am so blessed to have you all in my life. Thanks for being there. Love, Jelene

No comments:

Post a Comment