Monday, July 16, 2012

The Cox Family Vacation 2012

Well, Troy and I squeaked away from our life controling jobs and took a 4 day weekend with the kids. We went up to Troy's old stomping grounds where he used to go as a kid for fun. Cedar Point is the home of some of the best roller coasters in the world and we rode each and every one of them, and the favorites more then once. The park is right on Lake Erie, so the view from the rides was incredible and most times there was a nice breeze coming off the water.

We met Troy's cousin Doug and his wife Nicki up there and it made it even more fun. They are pros, so it was like we had a tour guide for the weekend. We got super lucky, for some reason the crowd was really light on Friday, so we got on almost every ride with less than a 30 minute wait. It was really nice, but we still got alittle worn out by the afternoon, so we took a break and went to the water park side and rode the lazy river. It was the coolest lazy river I've ever been on. It had a section that was more like a wave pool, so you were just sitting and riding the waves. Very fun and relaxing except for the time that Troy tried to save me from a big waterfall and ended up getting me soaked. (We will never know if it was a mistake or not.)

We splurged and stayed in the hotel at the park and it made it so much nicer because you could take breaks and change when you wanted to. And after we were extra adventurous and rode the Millenium in the dark Friday night, it was nice to be able to go straight to the room and drop.

My favorite moment was standing on the beach and watching Bailey and Reagan play in the sand and build things. There was a nice breeze and they were just having a good time on the beach and it was really relaxing and made me greatful for my wonderful life. It also made me want to do more things like this, so I think I need to change something in my life to make room for more vacations.

I gained 4 pounds in 4 days-another sign that I had a good time. lol

Yes, that is a swing ride 200 plus feet from the ground and we rode it more then once....I pretended I was somewhere else during that ride...




No comments:

Post a Comment