Saturday, January 19, 2013

Our Talented Days of the 1970's

Do you all remember the Gene Gelznick Talent Show? I remember wanting to be cool and somedays really thinking that I was. We went shopping with Father and Mother in Salt Lake and bought "brand new" shoes (You know the kind that have never been worn before). They were black, cute, high heels. Do any of you remember? We bought 4 white shirts, which were something special because white shirts didn't fare well in our rough lives, and we had already made 4 black skirts and 4 red plaid vests. O Boy, did they look cute.
I remember thinking Father was so nice to buy  us all new shoes. I was sixteen and I think that was my third or fourth new pair that Father had bought me in my life.

So, we sang "Sweet Gypsy Rose" or "Bumble Bee" and won 2nd or 3rd place. We won a camera and that was my introduction to photography. I took so many great pictures with that camera.

I thought we were pretty good back then. I wish we would have been able to comprehend how good we were and put more into finding our niche and learned how to personify every song we sang like the group "Ambiance".We would have gone off the charts somewhere I'm sure. Maybe....

Love Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment