Saturday, January 19, 2013

"Oh Divine Redeemer"

Dear Sisters,
      Did everyone notice....Ruth Blogged! I'm about to fall off my chair. How Exciting!!  You go girl.. I am so happy to hear from you. I still don't know how you found the time, with everything else you are doing.  But, now we will expect you to write at least once a week! Please keep writing.
    Every Sunday morning at 9:30 sharp, Linton turns on the tv to 'The Spoken Word' and listens to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing their Sunday morning program.  We call it, 'Grandpa's Church'.  I ask Janae, who lives in Salt Lake, if she ever watched it and she said, "Yes, we watch it every Sunday morning, before we go to church and Boston points to the tv and says, "Grandpa's Church."
     Last Sunday the choir sang, "Oh, Divine Redeemer" and I could hear Father and Mothers voices singing, their sweet harmony blending together. Especially at the end, when Mother took the lead and Father sang the harmony part. How I loved it when they sang that song together.  Then, I remembered way back when was about 6, we went to Grandma's house to see mother on the tv.  The Singing Mother's from her stake got to go to Salt Lake and sing in the Tabernacle during Conference. She was wearing her beautiful, beaded, turquoise dress she bought for this special occasion. The camera's scanned the singing ladies and sure enough, there was my very own mother, singing so beautifully with all those other mothers. I can still see the image of her singing there, in my mind today. I remember feeling so special, because, My Mother was one of the singers on the tv that day. I'm so glad she took that opportunity to do something for herself. We were so proud of her.
     Isn't it funny, how we don't think our mother's are neat, until they do something for themselves. We are not cool when we are sacrificing our lives for our children every day, bending over backwards to make their lives easy and pleasant. They don't respect us then. It is only when we do something for ourselves that they respect us and say, "Wow, look at my mom! She loves herself. So I will love and admire her, too."
     My sweet Janae, is going to a counselor, to help her with her Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Her counselor told her that mothers do the same things over and over everyday.  So she asked her, " How can you make the things you do everyday a little different so you can bring more Joy into your life."  She is going to have a shower everyday. How can she bring joy to  her shower? Maybe turn on her favorite cd. Use a beautiful, smelling soap.  She has to do the dishes everyday. How can she bring Joy into doing the dishes? Sing while you do the dishes. Listen to Mozart.  If your children see you happy, they will be happier. If your children see you being joyful, they will be joyful. Everything you do becomes an example to them of how to live their lives. You can't tell them anything, you must show them, by your example.  Such a great idea. Young mother's feel so trapped sometimes. They need to take care of themselves, too.
     I love you all and hope you will take some time to spoil yourselves with something new that you love.  Love yourselves, I know I sure do love you.           Kisses, Jelene

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate the insights about motherhood and simple ways of finding joy in the everyday things we do. Thank you for sharing these. It really is in the small and simple things in life that make a difference for our children and those we love.

    ReplyDelete