Saturday, January 19, 2013

My Rooster Problem

So just last week I looked at my chickens and thought, "Those hens are getting really big, they should start laying eggs soon." Then a few days later, I was out there with Reagan and she said, "Mom, Layla just jumped on Maggie." I turned around and I took one look at her and I knew she was a he. Then within seconds Helen (my favorite chicken) jumped on Blair. Needless to say that those big hens are now known to be Roosters and I am shocked. So Layla is now Linny and Helen is now Henry.
These are sad days. Now we have to decide which we are going to let Dad eat.
Reagan is finally coming to terms with it though. I told her we will get some more chicks for her to raise and she is warming up to the idea. I've never met such a chicken lover.

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment