Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving

It wasn't how I remember it as a child. I remember getting cramed in the car with all my siblings and driving for what seemed like days.  Sometimes the roads were so bad that we would slide all the way there. And sometimes we would end up in the barrow pit or ditch along side the road. But we always pulled up out side a church in Rigby Idaho, opened the car doors and out we would all fall.  I imagined we smelled pretty aweful, all piled in that car for 13 hours.  The next while seemed like heavens playground. We would run and play with cousins we only saw once a year. The bell would ring and we would meet in  a huge room lined with tables. And the food that was waiting to be gobbled down was beauty to the eye. WOW how could we eat all that? And was there really pleanty to go around? I tryed to savor the delicious food but it was to good. I had to eat fast so I could go back in line for more.  After the gorging, the adults would lie around like stuffed pigs but us kids would run and play.We didnt want it to end.
I ask Donna if thats how she remembered Thanksgivings when she was young.  She brought to my attention that our lives were soooooooooooo boring that that was the highlight of our Autum and Winter season. No wonder it stands out in our minds.
This year at the Reid Home, wasnt so memorable. We cooked, we ate, we sat because we were to misserable to move, we talked (not even about what we are GRATEFUL FOR). I was such in a over stuffed state that I forgot to start the Grateful chant. I kicked myself later. All of our beautiful children were here, Katelyn, Jared and Milo, Axel and his girl friend Cynthia, Wyatt, Quinntana and Rowdy. Brads sister Vera , her husband Ken, sons Spencer , Alex and wife, daughter Melanie with her husband and then there four small boys, the oldest being 5, youngest being 9 months were all here. Rowdy ask, Is this all whos coming?  No one for him to play with. Not a good thing. Then they left. We hauled out the tables and chairs, put the furniture back in its place, and Thanksgiving was over.
I  had something fun to share, so I thought I would share it with you.
I just finished the audible book "It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile" by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
Thank you Donna for sharing. I highly recommend it to " all" my followeres. (I know there is many)
At the very end of the series, Dr. Dyer shares this.

If we could shrink the earths population to a village and the village had 100 people in it and with all the human nationalities remaining the same, hears what that village would look like.
57 of those 100 would be assion
21 of those 100 would be uropeans
14 of those 100 would be from the western hemispher both north and south
 8 of those 100 would be african
52 of those 100 would be female
48 of those 100 would be male
70                       would be non white
30                        would be white
70                         would be non christian
30                         would be christian
89 of those 100 would be hedrosexual
11 of those 100 would be homosexual
6 people would possess 59% of the entire worlds wealth and all 6 are from the United States.
80 of those 100 would live in substandard housing
70                      would be unable to read
50                       would suffer from malnutrition
1                           would be near death
1                           would be near birth
1                           would have a college education
1     of those 100   would own a computer
GRATITUDE
If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back and a roof over your head and a place to sleep then your richer than 75% of the world.
If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed that the million who will not servive this week because of illness.
If you have $ in your bank or wallet and spare change in a dish some place, you are among the top 8% of the worlds wealthy. 92% of the world dont have that.
If you can attend a church meeting with out fear of arrest, torture, or death, you are more blessed that 3 billion people.
If you have never experienced battle, or lonlyness of imprissonment or the agony of tourcher or paigns of hunger, your ahead of 500 million people.
If your parents are still alive or still married, you are very rare, even in the United States.
Treasure your DIVINITY,  You came from GOD,  You are apart of GOD, GOD is always with You.

First I want to Thank  GOD.
Then, I am Grateful for all of you, I am Grateful for AMAZING people that we can learn from.
My heart is full of GRATITUDE.  Love Lilly




  
      
 
 
 
   





 



No comments:

Post a Comment