Friday, November 23, 2012

Old Peoples Thanksgiving

Dear Sisters,
     It really sucks to get old. The only thing good about it is that you youngin's, who are thinking, "She's old, but that will never happen to me!" will get your turn at being old too. So there...
     We had planned on going on a road trip down to Sedona for Thanksgiving since we didn't have anyone home to cook for but Kaylee and Grumpy and myself. Kaylee and I both had to work on Black Friday, so we had to go before Thanksgiving.  Then Grumpy got asked if he would work Wednesday so that cut us short a day on our trip. Kaylee was stomping around here all pissed off that she wasn't in Texas for the holiday, making passionate love to her cute Mexican lover because they broke up two days after she came back from her last visit down to see him.  I was just imagining how fun the two days in the car with Miss Pissy and Mr. Grumpy was going to be, so I got a cold. Maybe that would keep us home and them away from me!! But Miss Pissy was bound and determined she was not staying home to listen to me cough and pee into up my laughing pads on Thanksgiving Day!! So she sat the two old people down and told us we had to make a plan. Road Trip Or Bust!!
    We took the first exit into town and stopped at the Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Not the best food, but if you give Grumpy some coffee, he becomes bearable. Then, Cedar City, Summit, Parowan, Brian Head,(some snow, some skiers) Panguitch Lake, Panguitch, Hatch, Glendale, Orderville, Zion Tunnel,  (Kaylee is driving her first switchback's, my toes are curled into the floor mat in the back!) Zion Canyon, (lots of deer this year), Springdale, Rockville, Virgin, Laverkin, Hurricane, Washingtion, and back to the Cracker Barrel for Thanksgiving Dinner!! NO, I am not kidding. Only $8.95 each.  Not the best food, but we had been all day without food. I think we even had a hunger pain and if you give people food, they smile. So we had a great Thanksgiving Day.  Really, it wasn't all that bad. Can't wait till next year when the kids will be here. We will have real food and lots of it. Actually, I just remembered, they are coming for Christmas this year, so I only have to wait like 29 more days for a home cooked meal.  Mary will be here to cook,YES!! Real Turkey, Real dressing, Real mashed potatoes and gravy. Wow, what a concept. Oh, yes, and Real Pie!!!!
     Hope you had a Wonderful Thanksgiving, Donna, since you are the only one who will read this! Just Kidding! Don't get your laughing pads all twisted in a knot or they'll stick to your hairs and hurt when you rip them off!! Okay, maybe I just went too far... Love you all anyway! Kisses, Jelene

No comments:

Post a Comment