Saturday, June 23, 2012

Mother

     I changed my little girls room into my office. She's not little anymore. She hasn't slept in this room since she graduated from high school and moved to California.
     This is the room Mother died in. I had the nice picture of her we used at her service leaning up against the wall, but when I moved my husband's desk in here, I rearranged the whole room and put the picture in my bedroom on my side of the bed, on the floor, with my ever growing stack of books.  I don't quite know what to do with it. It's big. I don't really want to hang it in my bedroom or in the living room.  So every night I put my pillow sham over the picture and say "Goodnight, Mother, I love you."  And every morning when I make my bed, I take the pillow and put it back on my bed and say "Good morning, Mother. I love you." Some nights when I've had a rough day I have conversations with her..."You know what, Mama, sometimes life just sucks." She would hate me to use the word 'sucks'. She always used proper English.  But I tell her just what's on my mind, and she listens. I love you, Mother. I miss you.    love, Jelene

1 comment: